EDUCARE, Liberia a non profit, non partisan, non governmental organization was founded in 2007 with one of its core operating principles being that of investing in people and their abilities to support themselves and their families as a key to long term national reduction in poverty.
Building people, building communities.
To use the tools of human and economic capacity building to foster the emergence of a regenerated Liberian population empowered and equipped for a better livelihood.
We strive to operate by the following guiding principles:
- Ethics - We hold ourselves to the highest standards of transparency, accountability and ethical behavior.
- Dignity – We preserve and enhance the dignity of the people we serve
- Optimism - We provide hope for those in need to have a better life.
- Service - We use a participatory approach to enhance the delivery of our services that are appropriate and relevant to those we serve.
- Self-sufficiency- We enhance the self-sufficiency of the people we serve and empower them to rebuild productive lives.
- Advocacy – We advocate for the human needs of the people we serve and inspire the world community to respond to their needs.
- Stewardship - We are stewards of the human and financial resources we have been given to ensure they serve those with great need.